Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cooler Guide

Hello!

One of my summer goals this year was to paint a cooler for myself. Last year I made one for Drew, and I was pretty proud of how it turned out. I've been asked by several people what I did exactly to make it.
 So, for those who were wondering....
Step 1: Sand, Sand, Sand. Sanding helps smooth out the surface so you can have an easy time painting.
Step 2: Spray paint the entire cooler white. Tape the sides and top of the cooler with painting tape. 
 
Step 3: Choose the base colors for each side. It is also helpful to know the design for each side early on. 
Step 4: Paint away! The majority of the cooler was free handed, except for my monogram. To learn how to trace on a cooler, check out this blog post
Step 5: Cover the cooler with modge podge. This will prevent the paint from chipping. 

I hope this was helpful. Coolers are great gifts to give to your friends, boyfriends, siblings, etc. What is a summer goal you want to accomplish for this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment