Saturday, November 2, 2013

DIY: Candy Crush Costume

Happy (very belated) Halloween!

I'm probably a little too hyped up on candy right now, but what else is new?! 
I am a firm believer in not paying ridiculous amounts of money for a Halloween costume. Instead, I like to craft my own, and take things from my closet.

This year I figured what better thing to be than my alter ego, a Candy Crush Addict.
What You'll Need:
Plain Black Shirt
Fabric Glue
Plastic Baggies 
Candy Printables
Actual Candy
Cheap Headband
Hot Glue Gun

Step One: Print and cut as many candies out as you want 
Step Two: Glue candies to black shirt with fabric glue
Step Three: Select a few candies to be covered in the "jelly" by using the plastic baggies
Step Four: Glue plastic baggies over the candies
Step Five: Let the shirt sit over night
Step Six: For the headband, simply hot glue the pieces of the actual candy
Step Seven: SUGAR CRUSH!

I paired my shirt with a simple black skirt, tights, and fun heels. You can wear this just about anytime of the year, to show your true dedication to CC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment